It’s been just over two weeks since I announced my 3 & 1/2 Goals for the rest of 2019, and it’s already time for a quick update.
Here’s my goals, in case you don’t want to read that post:
- Read at least three books.
- Start my shopping ban.
- Complete three 30-day challenges.
And the half goal?
Reduce my commitments by half.
What have I done in the past two weeks to warrant an update? Well…
- I’ve read The Year of Less by Cait Flanders and The More of Less by Joshua Becker (see a theme?).
- I’ve outlined rules and started my shopping ban.
- I’m halfway through with my first 30-day challenge! Feel free to join me!
I’ve formally resigned from one commitment, which is something I’ve been waffling on for a few months.
Letting go of commitments is really hard for me, but I feel that letting go of that particular one was a major step in allowing me to better prioritize my time. I also feel it’s only fair to that organization, since I know I haven’t been giving my best self to them this year.
I’ve also said “no” to several plans, which allowed me to better prepare for upcoming programs at my jobs.
I haven’t figured out what other commitments I want to reduce or let go of, but I’ll let you know once I do!
Do you have anything you’ve been working on lately? I’d love to hear about how it’s been going!
Consume less, get out in nature more.